Top-10 Wicket takers in CWC-2019: For the first time Australia have left the World Cup semi-finals. However, Mitchell Starc remained in the top of the list of wicket-takers in the first half of the match. The left-arm fast bowler has taken 27 wickets in 10 innings at 5.43 economy rate in 10 innings.
New-Zealand pacer Luke Ferguson is in second place with 21 wickets in the list. England paceman Zofra Archer in the third place with 20 wickets. Tigers pacer Mostafizur Rahman, who is also in the list, has also taken 20 wickets in the 9 matches.
The 2015 World Cup tournament has won the best Starc titles, the indigenous legend Glenn McGride. Stark was McGrath’s partner in the record of highest wicket-taker in one season. Stewart, one of the best claimants to be the best in the tournament, took five wickets twice and took 4 wickets twice.
On the other hand, Mustafiz took five wickets in two consecutive matches as the second bowler in World Cup history. Earlier, in 1975, Gary Gilmour made the first appearance. The olympic pace bowler took five wickets in the World Cup against England and West Indies. And Mostafiz took against India and Pakistan.
Most wicket-takers in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019:
1. Mitchell Starc – Australia, wicket-27, match -10, run-502
2. Luke Ferguson – New Zealand, wicket-21, match-9, run -409
3. Archer – England, wicket-20, match-11, run-488
4. Mostafiz – Bangladesh, wicket-20, match-8, run-484
5. Jasprit Bumrah-India, wicket-18, match-9, run-317
6. Mark Wood-England, wicket-18, match-10, run-463
7. Trent Boult – New Zealand, wicket-17, match -10, run-482
8. Mohammad Amir-Pakistan, wicket-17, match-8, run-358
9. Shaheen Shah Afridi-Pakistan, wicket-16, match-5, run-234
10. Chris Woakes – England, wicket-16, match-11, run -450